Hi, New Friend!
Thank you for stopping by! I’m so glad you’re here!
A brief background of why I started this blog: A few years ago I made two major life decisions at the same time: I ended an engagement and walked away from the professional pursuit of my career. Yes, during the years when most people are starting that next serious phase of their lives involving career advancement, marriage, joint bank, accounts and babies, I was pushing pause on EVERYTHING. Trust me, there’s nothing like a failing relationship and career uncertainty to make you have a “Come to Jesus” moment, and that’s exactly what I was experiencing.
Fast forward a few years later: I’ve learned so much about myself, things that you can’t really see clearly when you’re too busy in the thick of it all. I’ve had nothing but time on my hands to reflect on past experiences, the growth that was birthed from them, and how it’s all come together to make me into the woman I am today. A lot of my writing revolves around relationships, being single, self-growth/development, and how God is at the center of it all. But don’t let me fool you. As deep and instrospective as I can sometimes be, I’m also a tad bit on the nutty side. I take Jesus and my salvation seriously. Myself, not so much.
Here are a few additional facts about me that you may find helpful. They are quite random but may come in handy if you want to send me presents:
- I’m a Writer, an Actress (on hiatus), and as of 2015, I dabble in a bit of stand-up comedy.
- I’m passionate about self-awareness BUT, not self-awareness as in finding your most beneficial lighting angles for a stunning selfie. Self-awareness as in, introspection and individual responsibility, which ultimately leads to self-growth and positive contributions to our society.
- I have a deep love for red wine (Malbec 1st, Cabernet 2nd)
- I crave salty foods over sweets and sometimes I like potato chips for breakfast…don’t judge me.
- I’m a small town, country girl who has lived in America’s 2 largest cities and realized I’m a true suburban girl at heart.
- My mother keeps asking me for a Son-in-law and Grandchildren. If you know of any available, please mail them to her.
That’s about it. I hope that you find my posts helpful, whether it be for growth or humor and I hope that you come back often!