Hi, New Friend!
Thank you for stopping by! I’m so glad you’re here!
I wanted to take this time and space to tell you who I am and why I started this blog.
A few years ago, I came to a point in my life where I was on an eat, pray, love type of journey. The only difference is, I ate and prayed on a budget, so my travels took me no further than the west coast, east coast, and back home to the south. I did this because I found myself needing answers to a couple of life’s most important questions, “What’s my purpose?” and, “Am I where I’m supposed to be?”
I started asking these questions during a time when I was defining myself by my career. I knew I was much more than my chosen profession, but I was getting lost in the daily hustle and grind of “making it.” I didn’t even allow myself to enjoy life outside of pursuing an acting career anymore (oh yeah, that’s what I used to do, fyi). I kept saying things like, “When I make it, I’ll do this,” or, “When I make it, I’ll travel there.” I felt I had completely lost my way and I didn’t know how to live outside of pursuing my goals.
So, while the rest of my peers were moving forward in their careers, families, education, etc., I took a step in the opposite direction. Most people wait until they’ve achieved a certain level of success to focus on doing this kind of soul-searching, but I couldn’t wait that long, because who knew how long “making it” would even be?
So eventually, I jumped ship. I abandoned the pursuit of my career, moved away from the hustle and bustle of New York and Los Angeles, and hid out back home in the south. Of course, it was tough in the beginning. Whew, was it tough! I literally put a stop to the very things I was passionate about in order to do what some would consider, “finding myself.” Well, guess what? That’s exactly what ended up happening.
With all of that being said, I started this blog because I wanted to document this journey that will forever be in progress. I love to share what has helped me with others. I also like to share what hasn’t worked for me, because those things are lessons too. My prayer is that you will read this, be inspired, and most importantly, GROW. This life journey is one in which I’m constantly evolving, learning, and failing, but through it all, I know God is in full control.
Welcome again to my blog. I hope you visit often.
Here are a few additional facts about me that you may find helpful. They are quite random but may come in handy if you want to send me presents:
- I’m a Writer, an Actress (on hiatus), and as of 2015, I dabbled in a bit of stand-up comedy.
- I’m passionate about self-awareness BUT, not self-awareness as in finding your most beneficial lighting angles for a stunning selfie. Self-awareness as in, introspection and individual responsibility, which ultimately leads to self-growth and positive contributions to our society.
- I have a deep love for red wine (Malbec 1st, Cabernet 2nd)
- I crave salty foods over sweets and sometimes I like potato chips for breakfast…don’t judge me.
- I’m a small town girl who has lived in America’s 2 largest cities and realized I’m a true suburban girl at heart.
- My mother keeps asking me for a Son-in-law and Grandchildren. If you know of any available, please mail them to her.